Here is a brief overview of my take on what is coming for PeopleSoft and Tools in the next several years.
In the first part I would like to talk about what I would call “quick hits” – items that requires little explanation but you should look-up those for further details in either PeopleBooks or other resources. In the second part of the RoadMap post I would like to talk about other items that I believe require more explanation and I would love to hear more feedback on from all who reads my blog, and as you all know I always appreciate you questions and comments.
PeopleTools – New Features
- PeopleTools 8.51 is released and has some new features that I will talk about in a separate post
- Concentration on better Integration with existing products to maximize value – Hyperion, Fusion, GRC and SaaS solutions
- Embedded application help – AJAX driven help pop-ups on different component, can be customized by making your own entries in PeopleBooks
Smart Navigation includes – Persistent Search Results, Related Actions, Hierarchical Navigation
- Work Center FrameWork – UI improvement that allows for better work management: dynamically displays pending user work as it comes all in one place. This feature emphasizes productivity and allows for better work tracking.
- Financial Close – process based, gant charts, graphs , status pages – complements work to people
- Partial Page Refreshes – allow for less traffic and faster page rendering of the components
- Use of modal dialogs – concentration on bringing work to users instead of making users navigate to processes
- Collaboration – Instant Messaging, Integration with Email, Rich Text Editor
- RSS Feeds Results enabled in Query, Portal Content and Integration Broker Web Services
- Dashboards – nice and pretty dashboards are available for multiple components
- PeopleSoft Test Framework and Usage Monitor
- Test cases and data are Peopletoold metadata objects
- Integrated with usage reporting
- Allows to record and maintain system test scripts
- GRC solution – analyst driven, identified risk based transactions
- Support for 64 bit AIX and Windows platforms
- Support for SFTP
Note: that part of Oracle’s aggressive strategy of optimizing their products for their platformsÂ there will be additional tuning option for Oracle db and other oracle products.
Please see a screen-shot from Oracle Presentation thatÂ has a more complete list of features. If you would like to see larger image please use open the image below in New Tab or new Window:
Tools 850 Enhancements